LeasePlan response to COVID-19
UPDATED: 25 March 2020
In responding to the Coronavirus (COVID-19) global crisis, LeasePlan will act to protect the health and wellbeing of our people, while continuing to provide service to our customers.
In these uncertain and unprecedented times, LeasePlan will continue to keep you and your business moving as best we can - but we can expect some challenges along the way.
NZ moves to Alert Level 4
The Government of New Zealand has moved to Alert Level 4 from midnight 25 March, for a minimum of four weeks. This means all New Zealanders not working in 'essential services' or 'essential businesses' must stay at home and stop all interactions with others outside of their households.
Under Alert Level 4, only essential businesses can remain operational. 'Essential businesses' are those that provide the necessities of life for New Zealanders, and those businesses in their supply chains. The list of essential businesses is expected to evolve over time, and current information can be found here.
As a result, we expect some of our supplier partners will be closed or severely limited in operations, as will many of our clients' businesses.
Repairs and maintenance availability
Just like us, our supplier partners are working hard to be able to provide the best possible services to you and your vehicles, albeit with some unique challenges.
It is anticipated that preference will be given to essential businesses, and that access to parts and materials will be impacted.
LeasePlan's advice to clients is - where possible - to consider delaying or avoiding non-critical servicing or repairs. If it doesn't impact the safety of the vehicle, can it wait?
If you believe there is an essential service or repair required:
- Call LeasePlan 0800 LEASEPLAN(532 737).
- We will liaise directly with our supplier network for you.
- If you are an 'essential business' you will be given preference. If not, you may have to be prepared to park the car until the service or repairs can be completed.
Vehicle services updates
We are in continued discussions with our network of trusted suppliers to ensure that we can continue to provide the best service possible in the weeks ahead, while complying with Government requirements.
Whenever we have updates or advice in relation to your vehicle services, you will find them here.
- Fuel providers are essential businesses. There are no supply issues foreseen. LeasePlan fuel cards are all PIN enabled and can be used at outlets while maintaining social distancing. Our fuel card team will be in touch to arrange a courier to an appropriate address when replacement cards are required.
- Tyre outlets will operate with limited staff, for essential service vehicles.
- Glass outlets will operate with limited staff, for essential service vehicles.
- This service continues for essential service vehicles only.
RUC / Registration:
- Our label processing team remains operational with immediate priority given to essential service vehicles. We will be in touch to arrange a courier to an appropriate address when labels are required.
VTNZ / WOF / COF:
- Many VTNZ outlets will be closed from Friday 27 March for the duration of the lockdown. A limited number of outlets will remain open with reduced staff numbers, solely to provide WOF/COF services. Priority will be given to essential service vehicles. Please check with your insurance provider to understand whether cover will be provided for vehicles with expired WOFs or COFs. It is, however, imperative that any vehicle with a known (or suspected) safety issue is parked and not driven until it can be repaired. This includes, but is not limited to, tyre condition.
Accident management service:
- Claims management support continues, although for essential service vehicles only.
- Access to rental cars is expected to be limited to essential businesses only.
- Limited availability, servicing essential vehicles only.
New vehicle suppliers:
- All new car providers report normal access to stock levels now, however dealerships will be closed during the lockdown period, so no new vehicle deliveries will occur. Vehicles currently on order will be held until after the lockdown period at which time they will be prepared for delivery.
End of lease returns:
- As our supply partner is not considered an essential business, all Turners' branches will remain closed throughout the lockdown period. If you have a vehicle to return, please reach out to your LeasePlan Account Manager to discuss options.
Should you have any questions or requirements regarding any vehicle services, please reach out to us on 0800 LEASEPLAN (532 737). To the extent that we are able under the lockdown conditions, we will make arrangements for you.
Continuity of service
LeasePlan took the preventative step of moving our staff to work from home (WFH) arrangements on 16 March, and we can maintain a consistent level of service under lockdown.
- We have IT business continuity teams to enable and support staff working from home, and we continue to learn about and improve our capacity to operate with a remote workforce.
- We have provided additional virtual meeting options for customer-facing employees to maintain safe and productive working relationships.
- LeasePlan's Global Emergency Response Plan has been in place since February. LeasePlan ANZ has a dedicated COVID-19 Response Team that meets daily to manage and monitor our response, and it has proactively activated stages of the global response plan.
- There are no reported cases of COVID-19 within our teams.
Health and safety
This 'work-from-home' change is in addition to other preventative measures we have taken to protect the health and wellbeing of our people. These include (but are not limited to):
- Daily employee communications to keep our people safe, informed and prepared
- Global and domestic airline travel ban for business purposes
- Quarantine procedures invoked for any employee returning from an international location, presenting with symptoms, reporting contact with someone who has or is suspected of having COVID-19
- Suspension of office visits to or from clients and suppliers
- Replacing face-to-face meetings with virtual meeting options
- Ban on attendance at any public events / gatherings
Here to help
If you have any questions or need to get in touch with the teams at LeasePlan, please reach out.
We ask for your patience and understanding if it takes us a little longer to respond in these circumstances.
Remember that we are still here to help you.